A bowl of salty air to share with 6 to 10 people
Grain de sel.
The smell of the woods, of iodine, with a background of the sound of the waves that you can guess on windy days, in the silence of these dirt roads, characteristic of L’île d’Yeu.
Grain de Sel is situated a few dozen metres from the semaphore, behind Saint-Sauveur (about 1km). The mythical beach of Les Soux is 600m away, for a walk at the end of the day. A real change of scenery for a relaxing stay in a natural environment.
The house was born from the alliance of 2 dwellings. It is very open towards its garden, with numerous French windows. It is the holiday home par excellence.
❤️ What we love about Grain de Sel
…its location, on the edge of a path and in the middle of nature, its functional equipment, with its terrace and barbecue, the bikes.
No gate, just a rope marks the entrance to the immense garden and its boundaries are planted with plants. After crossing the wooden terrace (shaded by a canvas in summer) and its bar-barbecue, the entrance is through a small kitchen open onto the living room and well equipped (gas cooker with induction hob, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher).
The room benefits from a triple exposure, and houses a living room with fireplace, TV, dining area with bench. Behind the table is a bathroom (with shower, washbasin and WC). A step leads to a small sluice which gives access to 2 double bedrooms.
The through bedroom allows you to enter a 3rd bedroom (twin beds), itself accessible from the terrace. A corridor follows, with a WC, washing machine and dryer to the right, also accessible from outside, and a 4th bedroom.
The volumes of this one allow 2 beds on the mezzanine, for young teenagers for example, because the ladder-staircase is steep and the height under the ceiling does not allow to stand upright… A shower room is adjacent to it.
The 3 double beds are large beds with double mattresses, very comfortable, with the back raised.
We had fallen in love with the island of Yeu and were looking for a place to meet there. This wild corner conquered us. We meet there with our children to enjoy water sports and the coast. Each generation can go to its leisure and then return home to share moments of conviviality.
Ideal for getting together in a simple and friendly environment in a natural setting.
Outside: 1300 m2
Availability and rates
- Overnight Stay: between €170 and €300 depending on the season and the length of the stay.
- Please see the calendar below to find out the rates for the period you are interested in. The rate covers 1 to 8 guest and the whole house. A supplement of €20 per guest and per overnight stay will be asked to accomodate up to 2 additional guests (10 occupants maximum).
- We accept stays of a shorted duration than 4 days at certain periods only, please get in touch (the rate is then adapted).
- Linen: included.
- Cleaning (end-of-stay): €120 flat rate.
- Visitor's tax: allow for a maximum of €1.32 per adult and overnight stay.
- Deposit: we ask for a deposit of €900.
- As an exception, we can accept that you take care of the cleaning yourself. In this case, you’ll be asked to provide a cleaning deposit équivalent to 2 times the cleanig package, i.e. €240.
- Bicycle deposit: we ask for a deposit of €150 for the bicycle at your disposal.