A base of 8 people for a holiday out of time
La Meuline sounds like a memory. Here, time has stopped. Today’s children will see the same images as their parents and grandparents. A bit of poetry that enchants us.
A few dozen metres from the fabulous port de La Meule, which remains one of the most authentic corners of the island, where the passing of time leaves no trace.
The property was extended in winter 2018 to accommodate all grand-children…. You will be able to share books, games, souvenirs, as you go through the rooms, which are a little biscornuous, arranged around the stone terrace, which remains the place where the whole house is in summer.
❤️ What we love about La Meuline
…the postcard atmosphere, its relaxation, the well-oriented terrace, the charm of the stones in the annex, the possibility to come with my dog.
The house is divided into 2 buildings, with outside accesses everywhere.
The entrance is through the kitchen. To its left, a double bedroom with the bathroom (bath, washbasin, WC and washing machine) and to its right, the dining room with a door leading to the terrace, and in the continuity a bedroom with 2 single beds.
This one gives onto a third bedroom, with a double bed (in 160cm) and a single bed, a toilet opening onto the terrace, and it gives access to the living room, itself opening onto the outside (the fireplace is strictly decorative).
On the terrace, a closed shower, and the garden table and chairs.
Bypassing the terrace, is the annex which offers direct access from outside to the shower room, with WC and a double bedroom (bed in 160cm), opening onto the bathroom and the outside. A last small bedroom with direct access from the outside, with bunk beds, with low ceiling height, can accommodate 2 additional occupants.
The floor is tiled throughout. The equipment dates from the 80s, except for the washing machine (2020).
The house is modernised every year, but it remains a simple holiday home for those who wish to put down their suitcases without any pretension other than the environment and conviviality. We recommend it for a large family, ideally 8 holidaymakers.
What seduced us was the wild character of the island, the possibility to walk along the coast without meeting anyone, even in the middle of summer. We often go to the port of La Meule, in the evening, to enjoy the calm and beauty of the place, which belongs to us at that time. We have found there the authenticity to put down our suitcases on holiday for 40 years. 3 generations are still here with as much love for this place as ever.Pierre & Ghislaine
Outside: 400 m2 Miscellaneous: Douche extérieure, 2 bâtiments séparés.
Availability and rates
- Overnight Stay: between €130 and €300 depending on the season and the length of the stay.
- Please see the calendar below to find out the rates for the period you are interested in. The rate covers 1 to 6 guest and the whole house. A supplement of €20 per guest and per overnight stay will be asked to accomodate up to 5 additional guests (11 occupants maximum).
- We accept stays of a shorted duration than 4 days at certain periods only, please get in touch (the rate is then adapted).
- Linen: €22 per occupied bed.
- Cleaning (end-of-stay): €120 flat rate.
- Visitor's tax: allow for a maximum of €1.32 per adult and overnight stay.
- Deposit: we do not ask for a deposit.
- As an exception, we can accept that you take care of the cleaning yourself. In this case, you’ll be asked to provide a cleaning deposit équivalent to 2 times the cleanig package, i.e. €240.
- Bicycle deposit: we ask for a deposit of €150 for the bicycle at your disposal.