Adorable flowered house for 4 people
“Le Safran” is a spice made from crocus stigmas. It is also a bulbous plant. American Saffron, another spice, is made from safflower. Yet another spice is saffron root, the ambiguous name given to turmeric. The Safran is also the part of the rudder that is submerged in a boat. This name suits perfectly our precious little house, a little jewel, like a precious spice, an invitation to travel… We dreamed it up and conceived it as a stopover between past and modernity… What we imagine to be well-being.
500 m from the beach of the Cours du Moulin, 600 m from the Carnot quay, the Safran allows you to do everything on foot and to be totally autonomous when you arrive from the boat or the heliport.
This house has a real personality. The building is long and facing its garden (facing South), and has been renovated with quality traditional materials to recover its soul of yesteryear. In the continuity of the living space, there is a series of “shops” as we say here: the technical room (washing machine and dryer), the bicycle garage, and the patio. Ideal for dining in the shelter of the wind. It used to be a pigeon nesting box, and has kept a few vestiges, to be discovered.
❤️ What we love about Le Safran
…its location, the exposure of its garden, the flowers, the volumes, the decoration, the bikes.
The house, on the street side, looks like all the others: white with coloured shutters. But on the other side, to the south, it opens onto an adorable, closed, flowered garden with a patio for sheltered lunch.
The entrance on the street side opens onto the main room, on the left is the open kitchen (equipped as new in 2020): dishwasher, fridge/freezer, pyrolysis oven, microwave, induction hob, coffee maker, toaster, kettle, iron and ironing board. Convenient upon arrival to enter luggage and access the accommodation with the digicode. Afterwards, with the bikes, you will pass by the garden side.
The room is open, the sitting area is equipped with a coffee table and TV, comfortable leather sofa. You will access to a 1room, fitted out as a parental suite (bed 140 x 200, small storage cupboards) with separate hanging WC and bathroom (skylight, Italian shower, basin furniture, towel dryer, hair dryer).
On the other side of the living room, the corridor leads to a shower room with Italian shower, washbasin, hanging WC, towel dryer and the second bedroom (double bed 140 x 190), a large cupboard, and an extra bed on the mezzanine (reserved for a young, flexible and agile child, too dangerous for a small child).
We were able to find the original stone of some of the walls of the house. The living room is tiled with authentic cement tiles, the walls are painted with 100% natural and organic paint.
The floor of the bedrooms is oak parquet flooring. The wall painting in the bathrooms has been saponified with natural wax.
The bedding is new (in 2020), as is all the equipment, with the exception of the photos and a few antique items.
Outside: 260 m2 Miscellaneous: Patio, Dryer.
Availability and rates
- Overnight stay : between €75 and €250 depending on the season and the length of stay.
- Please refer to the calendar below to find out the rates for the period you are interested in. The rate is indicated for 1 to 4 persons and for the whold house. A supplement of €20 per overnight stay will be asked to accomodate 1 additionnal person (5 occupants maximum).
- We accept stays of a shorter duration than 4 days at certain periods only, please contact us (the rate is then adapted).
- Linen : provided free of charge.
- End-of-stay cleaning: €95 flat rate.
- Visitor's tax: allow for a maximum of €1.32 per adult and per night.
- Deposit : we do not ask for a deposit.
- As an exception, we can accept that you take care of the cleaning yourself. In this case, you'll be asked to provide a
cleaningdeposit equivalent to 2 times the the cleaning package, i.e. €190.
- Bicycle deposit : we ask for a deposit of €150 for the bicycles at your disposal.